Friday, June 11, 2010

Do you expect eBilling to be inconvenient?

This is a tidied up transcript from actual customer call to Striata Support in the USA in May of 2010:

Striata Support: "Thank you for calling Striata Support, this is Glenn, to whom am I speaking?"
Customer: "This is Diane Hughes"

Striata Support: "Good morning Ms.Hughes, how may I assist you today?"
Diane Hughes: "I received an email from my local utility asking me to sign up to get my utility bill electronically. I cannot however see where to do so?"

Striata Support: "Ms. Hughes, can you see the button in the body of the email that says "One-Click Signup""
Diane Hughes: "Yes, I can see that."

Striata Support: "Did you click it yet?"
Diane Hughes: "Yes I did. I got a pop up telling me that I was now enrolled in eBilling and that I would get my next bill electronically. But I didn't choose any username & password yet?"

Striata Support: "Yes that is correct. There is no username & password to choose. There is also no website to visit. Your next bill will arrive as a secure attachment to a personalized email from your local utility. You will be able to open it by simply entering the last four digits of your social security number. Once you have done that, you will be looking at a digital replica of your paper bill. Simple as that. You can also open it on an email enabled mobile device."
Diane Hughes: "So I don't have to go to any website, it just arrives?"

Striata Support:
"That is correct ma'am."
Diane Hughes: "Ok, so how do I pay it?"

Striata Support: "Ms.Hughes, can you see an attachment to the email you are looking at?"
Diane Hughes: "Yes I can, it's a PDF?"

Striata Support: "Great, please open that and look at the first page."
Diane Hughes: "Ok, I have it."

Striata Support: "Can you see the payment form?"
Diane Hughes: "Yes I can."

Striata Support: "Great, so when your first bill arrives, you will simply enter your checking account and routing number into those fields. You only have to do this once. From then on it will be pre-filled out for you but hashed out for security purposes. So from month 2 it's as easy as opening the PDF with one click, checking that you are comfortable that the amount due is correct, and then you can pay with just one more click."

Diane Hughes: "So I pay from within the PDF? Is there no website I have to go and login to?"
Striata Support: "No ma'am, it's as simple as just two clicks, no website to visit at all. Your full bill detail is also included in the PDF along with any other information that used to be in the paper envelope."

Diane Hughes: "Ok, that really is easy, thank you, I understand. Are you sure I don't have to register somewhere?"
Striata Support: "Yes Ms.Hughes, we have purposefully removed any need to register, choose and remember usernames & passwords, or link back to any website, to make it easy for you."

Diane Hughes: "I see that, that is really easy."
Striata Support: "Have I answered all your questions today?"

Diane Hughes: "Yes, thank you, that is clear to me now. I didn't think it could be so easy but I see that it is."
Striata Support: "Thank you for calling Striata Ms.Hughes, we hope you have a wonderful day."

Diane Hughes: "Thank you, you too Glenn."

Garin Toren
Chief Operating Officer, America
www.striata.com

No comments: