Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Infographic: Why email wins for paperless billing - hands down

Does your customer have to go through a maze to retrieve their eBill? 

I looked at my billing portfolio this week; I have 4 banking relationships (with different products in each) plus 1 off-shore, 3 utility providers, 3 telco contracts, private health insurance, short term insurance through one insurer and various investments and policies that I run through a broker. That’s a minimum of 14 bills/statements demanding my attention in a given month. 

Then I drew a picture of my paperless experiences with different billers and represented everything I have to do with a dotted line [ ----- ] to retrieve and then pay my various bills and statements in a paperless environment. 

Sometimes a picture speaks a thousand words!

The maze is crazy!!! But what stands out most is the clear difference between my experience between billers that use a Pull vs. Push model. Throw in a few consolidator models (which I am steering clear of) and it’s no wonder 80% of consumers (all like me and you) choose to hold onto the paper bill. 

Give me the option between email bill delivery or online retrieval, my choice is clear. Enough said.

why-email-wins-for-paperless-billing

view-infographic-why-email-wins-for-paperless-billing


Tamara Hanley
striata.com

No comments: